Saturday, 24 December 2016

functional barbie


Once the association is made, it's all but impossible to see it from any other angle. For some reason, I was convinced that the dress I unearthed is exactly what you'd find in Barbie's real life modern wardrobe. Or maybe that's because the because the print is usually associated with television standoffish it girls. In order to play that up, we have rose accents along with falsies that'd rival any doll. Together, the outfit just works, prim but not overt. 

I'm surprised that I like it so much. I may not experience any visceral reaction to what my youth would've but I'm not a slave to it. And yet, I've created a look that utilises all those elements. Childhood nostalgia perhaps? The silhouette of the dress is perfect for running last minute errands, it ends at a perfect length and there's a structured collar - so it's a tick in every regard. It's warmer than it's flimsy appearance would you lead you to believe as well. Thus, it's saved for the colder months or when an unprecedented cold front hits unfortunately.   


From Left to Right, Top to Bottom: 

Dress: Collared Pink Tartan Dress // Miss Selfridge (thrifted)
Bag: Rose Python-printed Satchel // Forever New (thrifted)
Fragrance: Bright Crystal by Versace 
Beauty: False Eyelashes // Dollywink
Shoes: Helga by Deandri 

XX

Jeannie 

No comments:

Post a Comment