Wednesday, 12 October 2016

mimco


If there's a brand I'm besotted with, it's undoubtedly Mimco. An Australian brand that is a touch of luxury, ten parts whimsy. And just the slightest bit out of my budget sigh. Still, there are ways to get what I want in means that won't impart much guilt and harm. Thrifting and Outlet Shopping. At Birkenhead Point to be exact. It's an interesting place, standing above water and is said to be one with the wind when it rocks the building.

Not only that, there are a few luxury brands under its roof, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, etc. I'm there for Alannah Hill and Mimco though. So, the last pair of the Enchantress Slippers came to be in my possession for $87. For what cause? A missing strap. Eh, I've lived with worse. The effect changes with different coloured ribbons used, I opted for the bottle green, the closest to the original strap, but I wonder how a royal blue, or pastel pink would fare. Unique flair without much effort, my favourite kind of style. 



I never thought I would ever warm to loafers or ankle straps. I'm always proven wrong aren't I? I just love the abstract marbling in rich colours; it would really be mistaken for a piece in an art gallery. 


The bag I thrifted for $9. I am a huge sucker for the satchel style. Tan is extremely versatile and the clasp itself is very easy to open single handed. In addition, for such a small bag, it's quite spacious. Yes... I'm aware these sound like very weak excuses. 

Mimco's craftsmanship is through the roof. How surprising that I have very good, hardly-able-to-afford taste. 


XX

Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment