Monday, 16 May 2016

the asphalt is your stage

Source
Fashion Week in Australia is in full swing as I sob over photos and over my stubborn workload that refuses to decrease. Next time. Maybe then I'll have the foresight to do everything a month beforehand. As much as I love the ingenuity of designers, my allegiances will always align with street fashion. The world is your runway and whatnot. Mainly because I love experimental and eclectic daring but there's also something very approachable about it. Plus, you'll get to see that skirt in motion with probably a dozen creases that resist the efforts of an iron. So which is the runway? The one blinded with lights and camera flashes? Or the vibrant excitement lurking just outside the doors? Here's a few of my favourites!


Everything about that outfit is just win. From the flounce sleeves to the tessellation of flowers... its elegance with modern flair. 


I just love the simplicity of it all, especially with clean lines of white. The dream pairing has always been thigh high boots with a shorter hem length. 


I can't help but associate this with Swan Lake. A contemporary interpretation, I'm sure.


Ties have always been one of my favourite accessories. Especially if they possess a quirky print.


Pastel pink, ever so dreamy. The embellishments in their palette and black piping bear uncanny resemblance to the colouring of cartoons. It goes to show the strength of simple touches.


Pleated, metallic leather skirts have swindled me into a very intense, one-sided infatuation. It's the structure! The other-wordly aesthetic! It's... it's the ability to reconstruct a simple shirt and take it to a new godly realm. Clearly, I need to get out more.

Next time.. when I'm not drowning in obligations, in notes that need to be written in exams and assessments that demand attention..next time. 

XX

Jeannie

14 comments:

  1. This has to be my favorite post! Can’t wait for the new one!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the aussiestyle! Great collection! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
    XO from Germany
    Elena
    _____________________________________
    http://saintjeans.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful looks!! Love all these outfits!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such beautiful outfits!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this inspo!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look with the tie! amazing!

    Rakel ♥ www.alovelystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great experience! Enjoy it!

    www.missfairlady.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great experience! Enjoy it!

    www.missfairlady.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. Thanks for sharing and have an awesome weekend.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/05/18/ultimate-eyewear-allied-metal-works/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! So many great outfits! My favorite is the white outfit with the black purse, it's so aesthetically pleasing.

    Xoxo
    Serein
    https://sereinwu.com/

    ReplyDelete