Saturday, 28 May 2016

Lips made by Etude House


If there's anything the internet has taught me about makeup it's that killer eyeliner, defined brows and a vibrant lip is your be all end all routine. Sure you can contour, conceal every flaw on your face to return it to factory settings.. uh.. highlight ...? I clearly know my way around a makeup brush. Thankfully, the trifecta is easy (-ish) to accomplish and only requires a few products. 

I love the colour that adorns your lips. From the intimidatingly striking red that appears as though you've drained someone of their blood, the vibrant orange that is summer personified, purple in all its mysterious wonder, pink in a sweet daydream .. haven't yet tried the nude that's ever popular these days, but for now I (and my wallet begs for it) am content, 

On my trip to Seoul last year, I picked up some lip products from Etude House in a quest for the perfect shades. 


3 from Color in Liquid Lips in the shades PP502, RD301 and RD 302, 3 from Color Lips-fit in RD301, OR201, and PP501 and 1 from Dear My Wish in OR302. 

The Color in Liquid Lips and Color Lips-fit are as you would expect, liquid lipsticks and can be doubled as cheek products as well. Even the ones in purple lend particularly well to a delightful shading, unfortunate if you're into more bolder or unusual looks though. With the Color in Liquid Lips, a little definitely goes a long away, and it settles slightly matte but extremely transferable. In saying that, the pigmentation is insane. Especially since I chose volatile reds, they would be seen, kilometres away, without the aid of telescopes.. vividly.  The Color Lips-fit on the otherhand, have a powdery finish that works as a blush but isn't particularly pleasant on the lips. The OR201 in particular gets reduced to a cheap, plasticy shade of orange that degrades its attempt at summer. I have been vying for a bright orange lipstick for the longest time and I thought it would be fulfilled with Dear My Wish in OR302. The colour itself, is more marriage with red and thus, doesn't have the stark brightness I was hoping for. The formula is very moisturising, however, so don't go brushing off this line just yet!


 Am I entirely satisfied with them? The colours are striking enough, but it's the extreme transferableness that lets it down. But I do love the fact that you can be very frugal with it, and the fact that the red makes you look like a modern-day vampire on the prowl. But it definitely begs for attention during the day, so I would not go wedding-gown shopping with them recklessly. Or perhaps it's the fact that they're liquid lipsticks .. either way, for the time being, I'm satisfied with them.

XX

Jeannie


No comments:

Post a Comment