Tuesday, 31 May 2016

[designer throwback] ulyana sergeenko fw/11


The first thought that struck me about this collection was retro in a Siberian landscape courtesy of the fur and the skyscaper high heeled boots (as well as the fact that it looked durable enough to stand against harsh climates). I admit that I am rather impressionable and insignificant details tend to stick to me for years. Why am I telling you this? I once saw a photo set of Russian women dressed to the nines... walking across perilous snow and ice in heels as though it was anything but. Hardcore. these are the heroes in fashion. 

As it turns out, these are part of Ulyana Sergeenko's Fall/Winter 2011 line. This was the Russian designer's debut. I have incredible intuitive fashion sense. She couldn't have curated a better start to her career. I find myself gravitating towards vintage and a great number of the collection are conservative in length, still elegant without being stifling. And better yet? Five years later, this style is very much wearable.






I've mentioned that I am partial to the 1940s vintage and I have Peggy Carter to thank for that. Admittedly, I thought that would be the maximum skirt length for me. And yet here I am proven wrong with skirts that decorate the ground. It's all in the silhouette. 

XX

Jeannie

5 comments:

  1. oh wow... these vintage look are actually classic elegant! love it jeannie! great post!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    ig @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing dresses! Beautiful post!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a fan of vintage style, they are classy and sexy with a mysterious look..^^

    www.itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of Ulyana Sergeenko (probably because I live in germany haha^^) but I totally love her designs! It's so so pretty ahh >w<
    I really love your blog btw, followed you <3
    XX http://xsunbunx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of Ulyana Sergeenko (probably because I live in germany haha^^) but I totally love her designs! It's so so pretty ahh >w<
    I really love your blog btw, followed you <3
    XX http://xsunbunx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete