Tuesday, 19 April 2016

pastel origins


I like my things unrestrained. There is no such thing as a half way, a quarter way or a point that isn't maximum capacity. Adorn each of your fingers with ostentatious rings, layer three belts if you desire pair the most noxious tones of neon together. The world is your runway. There's no such thing as too much embellishment. Why would you separate collars and jumpers or thigh high boots with suspender tights? I hear the notion of soulmates is all the rage lately. 

In saying that, I acknowledge the event where simplicity is the most outrageous blanket you can hide under. Undo all the ornamentation, and strip it back to ground base zero. There's a style I'm not sure about name. It's clean cut, minimalistic but with emphasis on pastels and grey with an underlining hint of the 'Japanese/Korean tumblr aesthetic' of casual tees, maybe adorned with a few ironic katakana and an unobtrusive print in the centre paired with tennis skirts and completed by sneakers. An understated softness that permeates the entire body with a touch of playfulness. The end result is somehow polished and girlish. A style made in heaven for university students. Sometimes.. simplicity is best. 

Ahn Ye Won at SFW Fall 2016 
The perfect balance between soft and quirky. Yellow is particularly attractive to me, and this slightly muted pastel with a cartoon cake splat atop has guaranteed that hours will be spent hunting through the vastness of the internet for it. Perhaps what's so attractive about this look is the juxtaposition of carefree oversize with the slim silhouette. Polished girly comfort is quite possibly the best description.

I apologise for being MIA for awhile. The internet has been as temperamental as is our weather. I'm surprised at how the desire to blog has become an itch in my bones. It has been the greatest joy of distraction in this hell of assessments. 

XX

Jeannie 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am loving the mood of these images! So fun and soft for summer!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pastel colours :) beautiful :)

    NEW POST : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these pictures are so my style, in love! Xx
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just looove the pastel colors right now...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love pastel colors! great post! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete