Saturday, 23 April 2016

mercy in the machine

Camilla & Marc skirt - $10 (Prestons Flea Market)

I can count on one hand how many times I came close to crying this year. I'm sorry to say that one of them was because the 'dry clean' only skirt I possess was machine washed. And that the eyeliner I had for years had finally dried up. All of this can be explained by the very last assignment that lurks just between me and the sweet lull period before finals hell. Just one.. more.. hurdle..

I appreciate.. okay.. I salivate over designer clothes as they're a notch above the rest in terms of quality and avant gardeness (for the most part) but I don't go seeking for them. That's not why I thrift. It's a pleasant surprise, of course. But just because I found it for $5 doesn't make it less precious. In addition to thrift stores, flea markets are my other haunt. Especially if girls with surplus in their designer wardrobes so generously allow an exchange for a very reasonable price. I purchased the Camilla & Marc skirt at such a place for $10 hardly believing my luck. I should've known it would run out as a counterbalance to my procrastination. Lesson learned. 

.. The wrinkles.. will go away at the careful hand of ironing .. right? And the length.. it didn't.. shorten did it? Ahh. I was immediately drawn to the intense cobalt, the functional pockets as well as the gold zipper detailing.. please don't make me hold a funeral. 

I feel like I gradually unlock more crucial sections of the thrift store with every unique thing I find. I've always glossed over the magazines section which turned out to be fatal. Did you know they sell fashion magazines for $1? Incredible. I'm going to dig myself a vintage Vogue next time. 

XX
Jeannie

9 comments:

  1. The skirt looks great! I like the colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt and its color is also unique one. every unique thing make others unique

    Oils for Your Skin Type

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice skirt !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2016/04/a-chic-stripes-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this skirt!!!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that was a cute skirt. You're such a finder 😉

    ❤ from www.expatpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. $1 for a fashion magazine? Love the blue skirt ☺
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photos are absolutely spectacular! So gorgeous!
    You have such a lovely blog!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt! So chic!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete