Friday, 18 March 2016

Olympia le Tan Spring RTW 2015: Or How I Became a Bag Slave


Unless you're careful, an interest in fashion for a less than funded university student is painful. Very. I consolidated myself with the knowledge that I was never into accessories to begin with anyway, and the designer handbags that I did lust for could be reserved for when I was pulling a salary in the seven figures (see how the delusion begins?). Thus, I was comfortable with my comfort for clothes that were avant garde and unique .. then Moschino came out with their Barbie and Mcdonalds aesthetic, than Wildfox Couture had a Clueless inspired lookbook ..

Then Olympia le Tan waltzed in and dissolved my resolve in one neat, fell swoop. Goddammit. This is the kind of quirkiness that causes my world to spin and my heart to throb. To fashion, the love I possess that is the only thing worthy enough to make me spin horrid sonnets of contrived romantic novels. 


A miniature suitcase. Such a simple idea but ingenious.




Books. As. Clutches. Inside this book iisssssss... another book! Sure the most it could fit would probably be my phone but the head turns when you match your dress at a wedding would be hysterical.


And the globe because, why not? 

*Sigh, fashion I've given up. Just throw everything you have to offer right at me, I await with outstretched arms. 

XX

Jeannie

7 comments:

  1. Thise are statement bags, love them!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thise are statement bags, love them!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want them all!!!!

    www.thenewgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing!! Love the inspirations!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review and cute clutch!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete