Wednesday, 10 February 2016

[Fiction Recreation] The one with too much Don


You have no idea how much I had to refrain from titling this 'don go breaking my heart'. I know, I'm impressed too. As it appears, part of the reason why I have a blog is to unleash my puns against mankind. Blogs have been started on less. Don or Donburi((丼) is a Japanese dish with meat, fish, vegetables etc, centred around rice. The types can differ by season, ingredients, region speciality and self-preference. As such, there is limitless permutation and the perfect foil to a barren fridge and pantry.  What I love about the Don is its simplicity and wholesomeness. All without comprising its cost. Time to abandon instant noodles as a poor student stereotype and adopt the don, it'd be far more healthier.

I won't go as far to proclaim that without rice I won't be full. From a visual standpoint, a bed of rice looks far more satisfying than potatoes. Ah yes, to me, rice is of utmost comfort. So when Shokugeki no Soma had an episode centred around the Don, I was elated. More combinations! New taste sensations with rice as its backdrop. It was perfect. I've found that with the recipes that serve as a background were easier to showcase on my Tumblr . It's also a place I've found to be more convenient to experiment without scrutiny or share something that intrigues me. As a consequence, it sacrifices cohesiveness for spontaneity. I've linked to all the recipes I've made there, to save from unnecessary clutter.

Tenshindon
Hamburg Don
Loco Moco Don
Sukiyaki Don
Tanindon
Gyuudon
Chinjaorousudon
Gyuutandon
Megumi's Don

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh all of this looks so amazing, and loving the puns! :)

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! Looks amazing!

    LEACH | www.theleachlife.com

    ReplyDelete