Tuesday, 21 July 2015

[Fiction Recreation] Yukihira Souma's Mini Soufflé Omelette



I normally avoid grand sweeping statements like 'You should make this, it will change your life!' (hah! since when, I enjoy theatrics and hyperbole far too much to be restrained. But in this case, You should totally make this, it will change your life. I mean sure, it's a lot of effort for breakfast, who's even conscious before the obligatory shot of caffeine? But this soufflé omelette, its texture. It's magic. An interesting sensation makes itself home on your tongue, swirling curiously.. and the accompaniment of that rich tomato sauce is just superb, adding a much needed tang that complements the omelette perfectly.  I know, sacrilege! Unless it's the toaster or the kettle, no other electronic device should be operated for the sake of breakfast. but trust me on this, do it. Do it. Shokugeki no Soma just continues to deliver superb recipes and concepts. 


Dice one tomato (the ripest and freshest available!) and a clove of garlic. 



Sauté tomato and garlic in 1 tblsp olive oil.


Simmer for 2 minutes.




Add 1 1/2 tblsp red wine, salt, pepper and cook until thickened. Now, you can choose to strain the seeds for a more smoother sauce but you're already cursing me for forcing you to use the beaters, do you really want to clean another utensil so early in the morning?



Separate 2 eggs and mix the yolks with 1-2 tblsp of cream, seasoning liberally.



Beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form



Add egg yolk mixture and carefully fold. 


Heat 1 tblsp butter in a nonstick pan. Spoon over omelette mix and smooth with a palette knife. Cook for 1 minute


Cover with lid and steam for 1 1/2 minutes.


Fold in half and press against side of pan to get the crescent shape. 



Sprinkle with minced parsley and tomato sauce. 

Yukihira Souma's Mini Soufflé Omelette Recipe 


2 eggs, 1-2 tblsp cream, 1 tblsp olive oil, 1 clove garlic parsley, 1 tomato (or 4 cherry tomatoes), 1 tblsp butter, 1 1/2tbsp red wine, salt and pepper. 
  1. Prepare tomato sauce by dicing garlic and tomatoes
  2. Saute tomatoes and garlic. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
  3. Add red wine and season, cook until thickened. Adjust seasoning and set aside 
  4. Separate egg whites and yolk into clean bowls. Mix yolks with cream and a liberal amount of seasoning 
  5. Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in yolk mixture
  6. Melt 1 tblsp butter in a nonstick pan. Spoon over soufflé mixture, smooth over top with palette knife. Cook for 1 minute. 
  7. Cover with lid and steam for 1 1/2 minutes
  8. With a spatula, fold the omelette in on itself, using the side of the pan to help form a crescent shape. 
  9. Serve immediately with tomato sauce and a sprinkling of minced parsley
  10. Enjoy!


 XX

Jeannie

13 comments:

  1. This looks so good, I will definitely try it!

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! YUM!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made a soufflé before but you make me want to try it. This looks so yummy!! Maybe next time you can make enough for me :)

    --Samantha

    http://www.BesosFromAmerica.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol you saying it was magic made me save this post! I seriously am dying to try this now ahah

    - Mariah-Ruthel
    http://mariahruthel.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. umm yummy post, everything looks yummy

    have a nice day
    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was searching for this for about an hour and finally found it! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this with a couple of modifications and it was AWESOME! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I try to make it without use red wine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. At what temprature?! You are failing to tell me the most important thing about cooking! I can't use this recepie when you fail to tell me at what temperature to cook it!
    I was really hyped to cook this but I'm afraid to because I don't know the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well medium worked best for me you should try it

    ReplyDelete