Wednesday, 26 November 2014

The Thrift Treasure Trove


Unintentional happy alliteration. Cosmic tangent approaching. After only being fortunate with skirts, shorts, dresses and the like, the universe has decided to even the scales by allowing a slew of tops for me to find. And in this universe, the deities in question are of course, the Thrift Gods. After long being denied from the Summer Hill Anglicare - the ultimate thrifter's haven, for so long, the dam not only burst, it shattered, exploded. So why have I deemed it as such? Well, it's the only place that I know of that sells in accordance to weight, more accurately, $8/kg. Beginning to see why it's my utopia? I managed to find 19 things (2 shirts not pictured were for a friend) for $32. A measly $1.70 each. What? And let me tell you, I managed to find a couple of things that would've easily doubled if not tripled that price, that total. Insanity! Of course, granted, you need a few hour's of determination, an iron nose against warehouse dust and preferably a companion to help whittle the hours away, but oh god, is it worth it. 

Seed Femme Anorak Shirt, Sussan Marbled Grey Jumper, Alannah Hill Trousers 
The unique, pink ribbon trim on the trousers caught my eye immediately and was one of the first things that I managed to fish out. The bonus fact that it was Alannah Hill was the proverbial cherry on top. What I liked about the grey jumper was its simplicity and I could envision it, without any prompting how it would look on for the perfect casual but effortlessness. The anorak shirt would be perfect during our mild Autumn as a layering device. 

Short Sleeve Shirts
My biggest gripe with women's shirts is that often times, they are thin, borderline transparent. Arghh. T-shirts are already the bottommost layer after undergarments, I refuse to wear anything underneath that on principle. In saying that, the print of the white Miss Understood shirt begrudgingly swayed me, that and the fact that it would've have made that much difference to the scales anyway. And nature dictates that anything Disney is bought. I found the graphic of the grey shirt so intriguing, the earth, dictated as a light bulb? Curious.

Long Sleeve Shirts
Because I can only exist at two ultimate extremes, a style I quite like is pairing simple long sleeve shirts with anything high waisted. The H&M striped shirt is actually a very nice dusty rose against black which I thought was a nice twist. 

Chiffon Shirts
In line with my preference for striking simplicity, the white chiffon shirt with gold collar tips was an obvious must. The blue chiffon shirts have the most unique golden buttons ever. Admittedly, I may have been partially swayed with the black one as it was from Forever New. But I like that the jarring print is concentrated merely on the front, offset by the black to enhance that. 

Pastel Shirts 
Since I can't have pink gingham skirts, I'll take a pink Ralph Lauren gingham shirt instead! I swear that as ridiculous as it sounds, there is a deity up there that controls what you find. In one trip not only did I satisfy my tops quota but also my pastels one. Light pink, sky blue and peach. Really, what kind of game of chance to they play up there? As they're all button down shirts, rather than wear them conventionally tucked into skirts, I was thinking that it be worn unbuttoned over shirts before being tucked in to offer more contrast play offs.

So that concludes my favouritest place ever to thrift, factoring in unpredictability and price. Oh and relationship bonding as well, admittedly, you can easily go a bit loopy after engaging in your autopilot setting. And depending on how the weather fares, the next excavation posts will be dedicated to either Surry Hills or Bondi. I am excited!

XX

Jeannie

16 comments:

  1. love it

    http://amandachic.com/
    http://amandachic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those different blouses such cool and vintage patterns!

    much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such a lovely post! great job x Happy Thanksgiving!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks nice! Great blog you have!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stuff! :)

    http://shareasecretmag.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love thrift shopping! What a great buy!
    X

    Joy. | justlikesushi.com |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can not believe you found all of this at a thrift store! I've found pretty amazing things here and there, but definitely not all of this. Such amazing finds!

    www.lastylenysmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new items! Enjoy them!

    Ps. I have a Thierry Mugler give-away on my blog which you might like!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com

    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those, especially the one with the gold collar tip. :)
    Reminds me that I haven't gone thrift shopping in a long time now.

    http://www.themarshann.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute shirts!
    http://www.itssuperfashion.com/2014/11/cashmere-weather/
    http://www.itssuperfashion.com/2014/11/simone-rocha-x-j-brand/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love those!
    www.vaguue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed you found all that at a thrift store. Wonderful finds!
    The Doctor Diva

    ReplyDelete